Monday 28 November 2011

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion Review

Hi everyone!
This would be my first post and product review and I decided to make a review on The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion. I have used this product for 1 month and a half so I am sure that I would be able to share my experiences and the effect of this on my skin.

Skin Type: normal to combination
Additional information: I get breakouts when my period is about to start and after it ends, I easily get post acne hyper-pigmentation


Product Information:
  • Best if you want to: Moisturize with a light, mattifying lotion that hydrates skin and controls oil while helping to clear and prevent blemishes.
  • How it works:
    • Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
    • Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.
    • Contains powders help mattify the skin and control shine. 
Ingredients:  Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Polyisobutene, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Laureth-4, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Tocopherol.

Consistency: clear, gel like and watery
Scent: Grassy medicated strong smell which irritates my nose
Price: Php 765 or $17 for 50 ml

The reason why I bought this was to replaced my Vitacreme B12 night cream which I purchased online. I want to switch to something that is easily accessible so that it would not be a pain to wait when I run out of product. I also considered that tea tree oil helps heal acne scars faster. I want to get rid of my hyper-pigmentation so I did not hesitate to try this. Sadly, this product is not the one for me. There were new pimples coming out everyday when I used this and this did not help heal and soothe existing acne and blemishes on my face. I also felt that my skin became dry and rough as I was using this. Although, I know that this is a mattifying lotion, I expected it to work for me because we have humid tropical climate here in the Philippines. After I realized that I had more pimples coming out than usual, I immediately stopped using this and looked for another product.

PROS: good for people with oily skin

CONS: does not live to its claims of healing and soothing blemishes and existing acne scars
            not recommended for those have normal to dry skin

Will I buy again? No

Currently I am using Etude House's Darling Snail Healing Cream and my skin loves it. I am going to do a review on that soon. Thanks for reading everyone! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment