Saturday 10 December 2011

Etude House Darling Cream Review

Snail creams are a fad in Korea last year and until now. Almost all Korean cosmetics brand have their own snail cream line. From the most expensive It's Skin PRESTIGE d' escargot to the more affordable Tony Moly Intense Repair Live Snail cream and Etude House Darling Snail Healing cream. To learn more on how snail creams work click HERE.  I believe that most of them claim to repair damaged skin caused by sun and stress, prevent wrinkles, heal acne and erase dark spots. As for me, I tried the the Etude House Darling Cream because it is the only one available here in Cebu. We do not have Tony Moly and It's Skin here. 
I have been using this cream for almost 3 months now and I am about to finish my first jar. But before I discuss the effects of the product on my skin here is a background of my skin type:

Skin Type: normal to combination
Additional information: I get breakouts when my period is about to start and after it ends, I easily get post acne hyper-pigmentation. I have some blemishes on my cheeks and temporal area. 

Product information:
Nourishing facial specially formulated to regenerate and protect skin cells damaged by stress and environment. This product is void of artificial dyes, paraben and alcohol.

Usage: Dispense onto toner pad and use the pad to wipe facial surface.

This product has a spatula that comes with it. I use it to get a good amount of product for my whole face then apply and spread using my hands. I did not buy some toner pads. I do not even know if the Etude House near me carry them.

Consistency: thick and sticky. You have spread it on your face continuously until all areas are covered.
Scent: mild peachy smell. It does not irritate my sensitive nose.
Price: Php 1,198 for 50 ml

Thoughts: This cream moisturizes and hydrates my skin very well. Since I started using it, I have been getting less pimples even though I sleep very late. I also did not get as many pimples, before and after my period. I have observed when I have a new acne it heals faster and becomes flat the next day. I also noticed that my pores are getting smaller and my skin smoother. As for the post-acne hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and temporal area, this did not erase them completely but they have become lighter than before. I guess it really takes time before blemishes get erased completely. Despite of that, I really like this product for what it does on my skin. I will continue to use this as my night cream until I find something better.

PROS: Can be used by people with various skin types, very moisturizing, helps heal new pimples
CONS: A little expensive, not recommended if your sole purpose is to erase dark spots
Will I buy again? Yes



No comments:

Post a Comment